Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Probably the hardest post

This will probably be the hardest post I type up as it will be all about me and I hate to talk about myself. I was born on a Tuesday Night October 29th at Tripler Army Hospital on the island of Hawaii. My parents were both enlisted in the Navy at the time and station in Hawaii. My poor Mom who is barely over 5 feet tall was in back labor with me for two days. She went to the hospital and got sent home being told she was not in labor. She labored for 48 hours with me before they decided to do a c-section. I was born weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds 7 ounces and 21 ½ inches long (sorry mom:)). When my Dad went to see me in the nursery he told them that I could not be his baby because I looked like a 3 month old. After my Mom and Dad got out of the Navy they moved back to Illinois where they both grew up. I was a typical child of the 80's I loved neon, I solved my rubixs cube by taking off the stickers, and spent lots of time at the roller rink. In 1986 when I was 11 my Dad rejoined the Navy and was sent to Guam. That was a major culture shock but I met some friends that I still have contact with and my baby sister was born. We came back stateside in 1990 and I have lived in San Diego since. I graduated from high school in 1993 and went to a trade school college to learn office skills while also working at a bowling alley on base. One evening Mags and I went to a friend's house and while there we were introduced to his neighbors and that is when I met my husband. I was immediately attracted to him and wanted to get to know him better. We met in April of 1994 and have been together since our first meeting. 9 months after meeting we got pregnant with our first child. We were married on April fool's day in 1997. I know we did things backwards but it has worked for us. When Chilly-Dog was 18 months old we decided we wanted to add another child to the family we started trying and after about a year of not getting pregnant we looked for help. This is when I would find out that I had Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). In other word my body did not behave like it was suppose to I did not ovulate on my own I had higher than normal hormones and also lower than normal hormones and I was insulin resistant. After trying for over two years to have another baby we decided to quit trying this was in October 1999 and come April of 2000 I got pregnant. Again in 2006 I found myself pregnant with little Chilly-Pie. I stay home with our children now and have since Chilly-Dog was born. We have decided we don't want someone else raising our children and childcare is just way to outrageous. I do still battle PCOS on a daily basis and all the terrible side effects from it. I guess I am a pretty boring person and have a pretty boring life but I live my life for my family.

This would be me.. me

No comments: