Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Mommy


I am going to dedicate this one to my Mommy. On this day 56 years ago my Mommy made her appearance into this world. She was born in Jacksonville Illinois to Dorthea and Clyde. She grew up in a very small town called Bluffs just outside of Jacksonville. Her parents owned a small diner in town. Unfortunately I do not know much about my maternal grandparents as they both passed when my Mom was very young. Her Mom passed away when she was just eight years old of breast cancer and her Dad of a stroke when she was just 16 years old. She grew up living with family and friends. She then ventured out on her own and got married in Reno and had her three girls. She is now enjoying her life as a retired Navy Wife and enjoying every moment spent with the grand kids possible. I just wanted to give her a little shout out and wish her a very Happy Birthday I miss her so very much. Happy Birthday to you Mom.

No comments: