Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greek Dinner Night


I was suppose to post this last night but was having technical issues.
Tonight I did a Greek dinner. Chilly-Pepper is of Greek decent and I love the Greek flavors so I try to make different Greek foods. I see lots of people doing food blogs and I really like the ones where they direct you through the making of the dish so I have decided to lead you through the meal via pictures. I made Chicken Spanaki, Yellow Rice and Green Beans.
I also had Pooh-Bear come over for dinner tonight since Ry had duty. Pooh-Bear brought her kitty over also. Mr. Kitty is his name and he is the coolest cat. He has no fear and is so playful. I have never seen a cat that you can take to peoples houses because he is so cool about being in new places he doesn't hide like most cats would.

    Chicken Breast Spanaki
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 stalks fresh green onions, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 pound frozen spinach, washed, squeezed to remove excess water
    1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
    2 whole eggs
    1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
    1 tablespoon ground pepper
    8 large chicken breasts
    Olive oil
    Lemon
    Oregano
  Pour olive oil in pot over medium heat and add both types of onion.
 Saute for 1 minute, and then add spinach. Saute for approximately
 10 minutes.
  Preheat the broiler. Pour spinach mixture in a bowl and cool. Add
 dill, eggs, feta and pepper to spinach mixture and mix very well.
 Butterfly chicken breasts and fill with spinach/feta mixture. Close
 the breast and broil for 10 minutes on each side. After 15 minutes,
 douse chicken breasts with olive oil, lemon and oregano, and serve.

The ingredients (only thing missing is the lemon had to wait for hubby to come home)

Chop all ingredients and crumble cheese then sauté the onions add spinach and let cool.

I forgot the picture of me draining the spinach but I put it in paper towels and squeezed all the water out of it.
Add all the cheese, egg and dill. Mix all together.

Butterfly the chicken breast

Stuff the breast with the cheese and spinach mixture

Lay out on a tray after all stuffed

Bake according to recipe

Rice and Beans
For the rice I just used the Mahatma Yellow rice and cooked it according to the directions.
For the beans I used cut green beans, bacon, onion, garlic and butter.
Slice onions and bacon also open and drain the beans

Fry the bacon until crisp, add the onion and saute some next add beans salt and pepper top off with some butter.

When all is said and done here is the wonderful dinner (please excuse my fine china).

Thank You for reading and I hope you try and enjoy the meal.

No comments: